Saturday, March 31, 2012

It's Spring!

Happy Spring, Reader! We had a beautiful week in Western Mass with 80-degree days, but now it seems to be back to winter-weather. It snowed on me and Brisco on our walk this morning, but no matter. My thoughtful (and currently out-of-the-country) husband sent me these beautiful flowers that help to keep spring in mind. That, and our upcoming vacation in the Caribbean.

Have you seen my new apron? Of course not. I haven't updated in like a year. My friend Sarah has a store on the thirty-one, and I wanted to help support her, so I ordered this apron. It has the Spanish word for 'hungover' on it, chuchaqui, mostly because I think it's a funny word. That particular morning I made biscuits and was in my PJs.
So, I mentioned that Andy is out of town, with a few weeks behind us and a few more to go. I've been making a conscious effort to make sure I keep cooking and eating good food and not just having cereal three meals a day. I made some oatmeal cookies a few weeks ago and it dawned on me that I was going to have to eat them all. I was glad when an opportunity came to drop some off at Andy's lab.

Yesterday, though, I couldn't fight the urge to make a chocolate cake. Even with the knowledge that I, poor me, would quite possibly have to eat it all.

Another thing I've been doing since Andy's been gone is sorting through our stuff and making Goodwill donation runs. This time it was our movie collection that I attacked. I decided that I didn't need to own Chocolat anymore, but hey, I could watch it one last time with a piece of cake. With a dusting of fleur de sel on the icing.
I've got most of a cake left. I resisted the temptation to have it for breakfast this morning. I may not be so strong now that lunchtime is here. :-D

1 comment:

  1. Your new apron is super cute! Remember that time we saw Chocolat on campus with subtitles... thank you, K French club :)

    ReplyDelete