Sunday, January 27, 2019

38 weeks

Starting last Sunday night, I really thought we were moments away from Alice's arrival. But here I am, a week later, still pregnant. Thankfully, we had some good help from friends and my load was lightened considerably by offers to drive Jane to and from school for the week.

We also enlisted some babysitting for Jane for last night so that Andy and I could go to a concert! A one-man band called the Suitcase Junket was playing in Bristol, which was a bit odd, because he's from Vermont and we saw him at least three times at local events when we lived in Western Mass. But in any case, he was here, we got to go see him, AND my favorite part of all, he played a song just because I had tweeted to him and requested it earlier in the day! It was so fun.

Andy has a cold or something today, which is a bummer. Jane was a bit sniffly for a day or two, and hopefully that's all this will be for him, too.

On to the pictures.

Muffins to put in the freezer as a nursing snack. They went kind of weirdly sideways, but tasted good!

Jane at a playdate sharing a can of corn with a friend. Obviously.

Picture from the couch when I was timing contractions, or I guess what weren't contractions, sometime between 12 and 4 AM.

Jane built a dog!

She got a little scratch and wanted to see how it looked.

Chris Smither (left) and Matt Lorenz

The Suitcase Junket himself, and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment