Wednesday, March 10, 2010

An Ode to the South (and Lindsey)

This week's letter went to a friend in South Carolina. I've never been there, but my brother lived there for a while and liked it. I've only ever visited the south, and I can say this for sure: they know how to eat. I have yet to make sweet tea in my Yankee kitchen that tastes as good as it does anywhere beneath the Mason-Dixon line.

Anyway, the letter went to my friend Lindsey. I'm embarrassed to say I don't even really know what she's doing there. (Hopefully she'll respond in letter-form and fill me in!) She and I met in high school. We began talking one day on the bus between schools in order to drown out Dr. Laura. Luckily for me, she turned out to be awesome (Lindsey, that is)!

She and I had an on-again/off-again letter-writing arrangement while we were college. Her letters were often if not always hand-written. She's got great penmanship. She also sometimes stamped the envelopes with sealing wax. How cool is that?

Happy Correspondence!

No comments:

Post a Comment