Thursday, January 17, 2013

Immune System

You've probably heard how pregnant women need to be treated with kid gloves when it comes to illness.  You know, we're in the special group that can get flu shots when they're not widely available, that kind of thing.  I always knew that pregnant women's immune systems were not as good as the average person's, but I always assumed it was just due to the sheer number of other things going on in a woman's body.  Maybe resources were just spread too thin.

Nope.  It's so our bodies don't attack our invading babies.

Neat, huh?

I was going to upload our ultrasound pictures, but I'm having trouble figuring it out and I've only got a few minutes left at work, anyway.  So you'll just have to wait for those.  They're four weeks out of date already, so basically useless.  (But still cool!)

I'm feeling pretty good these days.  I've made it back to the gym a few times, which I avoided during the first trimester.  I kept walking the dog regularly, so I wasn't getting NO activity, but it's good to be doing a little more.  Still taking it pretty easy when I do work out.

Andy will no doubt want me to point out that I'm still falling asleep on the couch some (most) evenings, but at least now it's usually past 8 pm.

I should also point out that I'm wanting eggs over-easy like nobody's business.  That is, unfortunately, one to skip.  I'm going to the grocery store after work, and I'm sure I'll find something that's not on my list that I NEED.  That's when I add it to the list so it magically becomes OK to buy.

We're also continuing the process of apartment-hunting, which is draining.  Last weekend was full of visits, but since there's nothing on the agenda for this weekend, I'm kind of hoping it stays that way.  I would love to de-stress.


No comments:

Post a Comment