Friday, May 17, 2013

First visit to the new practice

But first, an irrelevant prelude:
I had my first appointment at the new practice this morning, let's call it PW for short.  It did make me an hour  late for work, but Andy and I both really liked it there.

I think Jane has hiccups right now.

Anyway, it was just another basic appointment.  My belly's measuring where it should be, her heartbeat sounds good, and my blood pressure is nice and low.  The midwife we met with was very nice, though pregnant herself and said she didn't expect to see us again this time around as she'll be taking leave soon.  She emphasized to always call if there's something concerning me (and I've already done that once, even before I was officially a patient there!) so that's good to hear.

We didn't have a lot of questions this time.  It seems like some weeks I have a list of eight things and other times I've got nothing.  But either way, I didn't feel like she was rushing to get us out or anything.

On our drive back, I said, "Know what's weird?  Sometime soon we'll be coming down this road driving our baby home for the first time."  Too bad the road's so darn bumpy.

Andy leaves tomorrow for a few days out on a boat, science-ing it up.  He'll have his computer so I probably won't be able to upload any pictures until Wednesday or Thursday.

We've got one more session of childbirth class next Wednesday and then we'll be totally, totally ready and prepared for everything that comes our way.  Right?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susanna (Andy and Brisco, too) —

    I just spent some time catching up on your blog! It's great to see how well you're doing and the photos are wonderful. So exciting that "Jane" will be joining you soon. I just wish you lived close by. I'm getting "grandma," well, make that "great-aunt fever" as I've really begun missing babies and little peeps.

    I also signed up for an email alert when you post, so I'm definitely looking forward to staying tuned in. Hooray for doulas, too! Oh, one last thing: have you been watching "Call the Midwife?" If not, I think you might enjoy it....

    Lots of love to you all, Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of that (though oddly, Andy has). Maybe I'll check it out, thanks!

    I wish we were all closer, too. Who knows where we'll find ourselves in two years' time when Andy's done here! We can't get much farther east than we are now, so a westward move is possible! :-)

    ReplyDelete