Sunday, May 26, 2013

32, 33, and He-Man!

I forgot to take pictures last week.  Last Saturday Andy left to be a sailor for a few days and took my internet connecting-abilities with him.  We had rainy weather in Massachusetts, and high winds and torrential rain out at sea, so I'm told.  There was also a "take cover" alert for Montague the evening Andy got back, so we elected to skip our last childbirth ed. class.  We sat in the hallway, took the laptop, and listened to some serious rain fall quickly.  We didn't see any of the golf-ball sized hail that was not too far away.

Anyway, some pictures:

 Me in a maternity shirt that I've been pictured in before, but it's fitting a little differently now.

We spent most of the day yesterday running some errands for Jane's arrival.  We got a gift certificate to a store in Northampton from the people at my work, and we spent most of that.  We got a selection of cloth diapers, a crib sheet, some pacifiers, a sun hat, and probably some other stuff.  Today we've been cleaning up the house, which is something at which I've been increasingly failing.  My energy level is decreasing each day and I've even been having some nausea in the afternoons lately.  Overall these aren't terrible things, but it means that when I do have a good day with higher energy, most of that goes to undoing all the laziness/unkemptness of the previous days.

But the fun part was working on Jane's room!  Why yes, that is a stool on top of a chair, why do you ask?
 I think we'll be getting a glider rocker instead of the wooden chair that's there.  And I suppose the stool will find a new home.  You can see above the crib some of the butterfly decals that were part of the gift set that included the tree.
 Here you can see (on the far left) the growth chart that was a shower gift.  We also put up this wall hanging, which has what I call "conjoined dinosaurs" on it.
Wondering about the He-Man in the title?  Of course you were.  Two weeks ago I noticed a mole that had changed dramatically.  I know pregnancy is supposed to bring skin changes, but every website I consulted (that's where I should be getting medical advice, right?) said "If you find something that concerns you, consult your doctor."  So despite being unimpressed with my primary care doctor (this was my first visit), and despite the rather gruff manner of the dermatologist, when he suggested we lop this thing off, that's what happened.  He told me it was a hemangioma, and he said it in such a way that suggested that we all know exactly what a hemangioma is.  It's a benign tumor that gets bigger because it fills with clotted blood.  They are also, interestingly, mostly found in children under ten and will go away on their own in most cases.  Either way, mine is gone, and we got the news that it's nothing to worry about.

Tonight we're making chicken shawarma with homemade pita.  Just sayin'.  I have plans in the works for a rhubarb pie tomorrow.  We've been doing a pretty good job stocking up our new chest freezer to help us through the too-tired-to-cook stage that will last the next eighteen years.  But the pie is just because I wanted it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment