Thursday, June 6, 2013

34 Weeks

We had a couple of very hot days last week.  We're trying to figure out what works best to keep our apartment cool.  It seems like keeping the downstairs closed is the best bet.  My hair got curly in the humidity.  That, and I haven't had a haircut since Cat visited in January.
 I'm definitely rotating through a set number of outfits.  I'm wearing that coral-colored shirt again today.

Since our CSA ran out a few weeks ago, we've been having a harder time planning meals.  When we pick up veggies each week, we would at least have a jumping off point for meal-planning.  After much debate, we finally decided to renew our membership, even with knowing that cooking will become more of a challenge after Jane's arrival.  If we have the produce available, it puts us in a much better position than not having it.  That being said, we had a recipe for a pasta pot with tomatoes, greens, onions, and feta planned for last night.

But I wanted blueberry pancakes.
 A plethora of cast iron!  When I suggested pancakes to Andy, he was on board immediately.  Not because brinner is amazing, but because, as he put it, "You haven't had that many cravings, and I feel bad about it."  Not going to argue.
 Brisco the wonder dog, awaiting dinner of his own.  Or at least waiting for someone to drop something.
 We got two big-deal items this week: a changing table/dresser, and the carseat/stroller.  The changing table is apparently very heavy (I wasn't allowed to help move it), but luckily our neighbor helped get it out of the car and into Jane's room.  Starting to stock it up!
 My dad and Karen sent us the carseat/stroller.  Now that the dresser has been picked up (yay Craigslist finds!) we can put the carseat and base in the car to live there from here on out.  George was the test subject.  Dino-hat courtesy of Uncle Keith!

 Changing table and Brisco in his favorite room
 Filling the dresser with stuff!  If you know Zingerman's, you might recognize a smiling pig on a bib in the middle drawer there.  And the Michigan pennant that we randomly found on the ground in Amherst last summer.  Of course.
I did prenatal yoga yesterday and realized how much my muscles have changed in the last eight months.  It was much harder than I knew it to actually be (if that makes sense).  It's still kind of a foreign idea for me that there are things I can't do that I used to do relatively recently.  All in all, pregnancy is a pretty fast journey, so I guess my mind hasn't yet caught up with the reality of this giant protrusion here.  Andy's doing a great job of keeping me/us safe and well-rested.  I'm still trying to walk the dog as I'm able and keep the house in decent order.

And, equally importantly, we now have nineteen burritos in the freezer for post-baby.  And six pizzas, and several dozen muffins, a frittata, some chicken...

No comments:

Post a Comment